signal button on the panel are coloured, cross protection in railway signalling, handbook on basic concepts of railway signalling, indication locking, sectional route release, panel interlocking in indian railway,Outdoor Cables,Indoor Cables,Outdoor Equipment
Railway Panel Diagram with Switches / Buttons
Conditions to be satisfied before a signal is cleared:
* The concerned buttons or knob has been operated by pressing or turning.
* The points required on the route, the overlap and isolation are set and locked correctly and route is locked.
* The track is clear on the Route and the Overlap.
* No conflicting movement is taking place or initiated already.
* Any level crossing gate interlocked with the signals of the Station is closed against the route traffic and locked.
* The crank handles controlling the points on the route, overlap and isolation are manually locked in the proper place and not available for taking to the site of the points.
* Any siding connected to the track on which the movement will take place is set to the correct position to facilitate the signal movement and locked.
* If it is the last stop signal, line clear is already obtained from next station.
Power Supply Requirements :
* Battery for operating the relays in the relay room.
* 24 V DC for Q-series relays.
* 60 V DC for K-50 relays of Siemens.
* Battery for extending feed to the outdoor relays.
* 24 V battery for panel indications.
* 110 V battery for operating the points.
* 110 V AC (stabilized) for colour light / LED signals.
* 110 V AC for feeding battery charger to track feed batteries for track circuits.
* Transformers for stepping down 230 V AC to 110 V DC.
* Battery chargers (230 V AC) for various battery banks.
* 11. 110 V Battery with IPS (Integrated Power Supply)
Types Of Signalling Cables Used
Outdoor Cables : Multi core copper conductor with PVC insulation, PVC sheath and
Size of conductor : 1.5 or 1.6 sq. mm.
No. of Cores : 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20 and 30.
Indoor Cables : For the internal wiring of relay in locations and cabin.
The cable is with plain annealed copper conductor PVC insulated, unarmoured flame retarding type.
Flexible multi strand wire size 3 / 0.75 mm.
Flexible insulated wire size 16 / 0.20 mm.
Multi core each core of size 1 mm.
Multi core each core of size 0.6 mm.
(Multi core is either 40 or 60 cores)
Single core size – 1 mm.
* Point Machines
* Colour Light or LED Signals.
* Relays, batteries, chargers, transformers located in location boxes.
* Track circuits.
* Axle Counter ground devices (the evaluator taking inputs from ground devices is located generally in the relay room or in a separate room in the building housing the relays. The ground devices are connected to the evaluator through quad copper cable with polythene insulation.)
Stages in Installation and Commissioning of Relay Interlocking System at a Station
* Preparation of the permanent way plan by Civil Engineering Department showing the position of track, point, station building, distance of adjacent station, kilometer of the station etc.
* P-Way plan is examined by the signal department for the suitability of the signalling and then approved.
* Preparation of signalling plan showing the location of signals, numbering of points and signals, location of the panel room and relay room, interlocked gates within the station section etc.
* Preparation of selection / control table showing the conditions to be fulfilled for each signal movement with the associated interlocking needed, track circuits to be proved etc.
* Design of the circuits based on the selection / control table.
* Preparation of wiring diagram based on the circuit diagram approved, contact analysis of relays and marking contact numbers, repeater relays etc.
* Installation of relay racks and wiring of the racks as per approved wiring diagram.
* Testing of the actual wiring done.
* Installation of power supply equipment, completion of outdoor works like track circuits, signals, fixing of point machines etc.
* Conducting simulation test.
* Commissioning by connecting indoor equipment to outdoor equipment after final testing.