Metro Rail Speed of trains Caution Order
Metro Rail Speed of trains –(1) Every train shall be run on each line of the Metro Railway within the limits of speed as specified in the approved special instructions.
(2) The speed of the trains in Automatic Mode shall be automatically controlled by the Continuous Automatic Train Control system.
(3) In Coded Manual mode, the Train Operator shall regulate the speed of trains according to the cab signals, the maximum permissible speed shall not be exceeded and the speed of the train shall be such that it can be stopped within the distance indicated, as being the limit of safety, and the failure to do so shall result in irrevocable
application of emergency brakes which shall be viewed as a failure on the part of the Train Operator.
(4) In Restricted Manual mode or Run On Sight Mode, as the case may be, the maximum speed of the trains shall be automatically regulated to twenty five kilometer per hour and the Train Operator shall further restrict the speed as required by special instructions.
(5) In Cut out mode, the speed of train shall be manually regulated by the Train Operator as required and the power to the train propulsion system shall be cut off above twenty five kilometer per hour in case of Low speed cut out mode and, forty kilometer per hour in case of High speed cut out mode, where provided, and the Train Operator shall further restrict the speed as required by special instructions.
(6) The maximum train speed, when passing through a station platform, shall be as per the Approved Special Instructions, and in case it is not possible to close any platform screen door or platform edge door, where provided, while receiving, dispatching or passing any train, the speed of the train shall be restricted to twenty kilometer per hour and an audible warning shall be sounded while entering or leaving the platform.
(7) The maximum speed of trains in shunting shall not exceed the speed limit as prescribed in the Approved Special Instructions in case of main line, and special instructions on other lines.
(8) The speed of train in condition of poor visibility while operating in Restricted Manual Mode or Run On Sight Mode or Cut Out Mode shall be governed by special instructions.
Caution Order – Whenever in consequence of the track or traction equipment being under repair, or for any other reason, special precautions are necessary, a caution order detailing the kilometers between which such precautions are necessary, the reason for taking such precautions and the speed at which the train shall travel, shall be handed over to the train operator at the stopping station short of the place where such precautions are necessary or at such other stations or work place and in such a manner as specified under special instructions and in addition, the Traffic Controller and the Station Controller shall ensure that the caution order for speed restriction has suitably incorporated in the Continuous Automatic Train Control system.