Metro Rail Basic Components of Telecommunication Department
The basic components of telecommunication department can be stated as follows:
1. FOTS ( Fiber Optic Transmission System)
2. PIDS (Public Information Display System)
3. PAS (Public Address System)
4. Master Clock
5. CCTV (Closed Circuit Television)
6. Radio System
7. EPABX (Electronic Private Automatic Branch Exchange)
Operational Control Center (OCC)
1. Located at Shastri Park and Barakhamba.
2. It controls both Rail & Metro Corridor.
3. Here all the central systems of various systems are located.
4. All the train movements are supervised and system monitoring equipments are installed in OCC.
CHIEF CONTROLLER AT OCC – VIEW OF OCC FROM TOP
EQUIPMENT ROOM IN OCC
SDH RING DIAGRAM
Public Information Display System (PIDS):
It is used to display traffic & train scheduling information also data related to arrival & departure time and other information along the station and various platform areas .
Public address system(PAS):
1. It is used to broadcast voice messages to passengers/staff in all stations , depots ,OCC and DMRC Headquarter.
2. Also used for emergency evacuation broadcast .
Master Clock system:
Clock system is used to provide accurate time to staff, passengers and time reference to systems at DMRC. Accurate and synchronized time information is obtained from Global Positioning System (GPS) by Master Clock at OCC.
Closed Circuit Television System(CCTV):
1. This is used to monitor the station and the platforms along with the metro corridors where it is very difficult to keep a view on the corridors.
2. Mostly it is used for security reasons and help train operators in the curved station platforms.
Electronic Private Automatic Branch Exchange (EPABX) :
For purpose of planting communication link between different stations, DMRC has its self-sustained telephone exchange. This system works on -48 V DC. Data is processed at a rate of 64k bps.