metro signalling system,metro rail telecommunication system,cbtc signalling system pdf,scada in metro rail, technology used in metro trains,metro rail track design,l&t metro rail,metro train tracking,‘CATC’ (Continuous Automatic Train Control System)“CBTC” (Communication based Train Control System) ATP (Automatic Train Protection), ATO (Automatic Train Operation), ATS (Automatic Train Supervision)
Metro Rail Signalling And Train Control
Metro Rail Signalling And Train Control :- Metro carries large number of passengers at a very close headway requiring a very high level of safety enforcement and reliability. At the same time heavy investment in infrastructure and rolling stock necessitates optimization of its capacity to provide the best services to the public.
These requirements of the metro are planned to be achieved by adopting ‘CATC’ (Continuous Automatic Train Control System) based on “CBTC” (Communication based Train Control System) which includes ATP (Automatic Train Protection), ATO (Automatic Train Operation) and ATS (Automatic Train Supervision) sub-systems using radio communication between Track side and Train.
1. Provide high level of safety with trains running at close headway ensuring continuous safe train separation and for bidirectional working.
2. Eliminate accidents due to driver passing Signal at Danger by continuous speed monitoring and automatic application of brake in case of disregard of signal / warning by the driver.
3. Provides safety and enforces speed limit on section having permanent and temporary speed restrictions.
4. Improve capacity with safer and smoother operations. Driver will have continuous display of Target Speed / Distance to Go status in his cab enabling him to optimize the speed potential of the track section. It provides signal / speed status in the cab even in bad weather.
5. Increased productivity of rolling stock by increasing line capacity and train speeds, and enabling train to arrive at its destination sooner. Hence more trips will be possible with the same number of rolling stock.
6. Improve maintenance of Signalling and telecommunication equipments by monitoring system status of track side and train born equipment and enabling preventive maintenance.
Signalling & Train Control system on the line shall be designed to meet the required headway during peak hours. Radio for CBTC shall work in License free ISM band.