Network Rail Lineside Location Design
Controls to various functions are distributed from the Signal control box to the site through intermediate Location boxes / REBs. Position of Location box is decided by the functions/equipments to be covered and the size and number of cases is decided by considering the quantity, and type of equipments to be accommodated.
The Location Area plan derived from the Scheme plan shall show the details of the mileage, boundary, and any other relevant information like TFMs . (Ref page N38) Details of all the cases of a single Location should be in a single set of drawings. All disconnection boxes should be shown on circuit diagrams.
Besides the details of all the design sheets indicating the version nos, the Index sheet should provide an extract of the Loc area plan showing the position of all track side functions controlled from that location.
Index sheets should be numbered in the same series as the drawings to which they apply.Index sheet(s) shall be consequently be listed first on the index. AIR is not o be indexed.
Views of the apparatus case from the front and rear should be shown with oprofiles of all equipments, fuses and terminals drawn proportionately. For equipment rooms and buildings(REB) an equipment room layout is also to be provided.
Power supplies and Busbar layout
This part of the drawing should show all the details of the power supply arrangements including supply point, switching and isolation points, transformers and TJs with ratings, etc and also local batteries with charger arrangements, power supply fuse and terminal analysis with circuit names and supply looping. Where supplies are available from more than one power supply point, each should have distinct identity.
Train Detection Circuits
This should cover the details of Track circuits, Axle Counters and Treadles:
* Outgoing track circuit repeater circuits
* Track circuit equipment wiring
* Rail connections and tail cables
* Disconnection box and/or impedance bond internal wiring
* Treadle or Axle counter circuits
Track circuit connections shall be in detail. With dis – box or impedance bond terminals, rail connection points, IRJ positions, line name and up/down directions.
* Incoming signal control circuits, with trough circuits back to its origin, unless originating from an interlocking.
* Outgoing signal repeater circuits
* Signal lighting circuits and tail cables
* Signal head wiring
* AWS circuits
* First filament failure circuits
* Incoming point control circuits
* Outgoing point detection circuits
* Point detection feed and track side circuits and tail cables (separate cables for i/c & o/g detection)
* Supplementary detection circuits showing orientation of detector on an extract of layout.
* Point machine/clamp lock internal wiring
* Apparatus case heater wiring with fuse
* Lighting with fuse and switch, where documented in design spec
* Telephone plug point, where specified
* Ground frame circuits
* Level crossing circuits
* Other circuits as per requirements
Network Rail Lineside Location Design, Design details, Case Layout, Power supplies and Busbar layout, Train Detection Circuits, Signal Circuits , Point Circuits , Miscellaneous circuits ,