Metro Rail Platform Door : Kinds of Platform doors – Platform doors, where provided, shall be of the following types, namely –
(a) Platform Screen Doors: these doors are powered doors located along the platform at the platform edge throughout the passenger area with door locations corresponding to the train car passenger door locations.
(b) Platform Edge Doors: these are powered doors located along the platform at the platform edge.
(c) Manual Secondary Doors: these are manual doors located at one end of platform or both ends of platform to provide access between platform and the track side.
(d) Emergency Escape Doors: these doors are located around Platform Screen Doors of leading and trailing passenger cars and are meant for use in emergency situations.
(e) Fixed Panel: platform length sections, not provided with any of Platform Screen Doors or Platform Edge Doors or Emergency Escape Doors or Manual Secondary Doors, are provided with fixed screens called Fixed Panel.
(f) All the above doors and panels may be full height or half height as required.
Normal working of doors: (1) Platform Screen Door –
(i) Opening or closing of the Platform Screen Doors shall be after receipt of the DOORS OPEN or DOORS CLOSE command signals from the signalling link, or any other suitable arrangement.
(ii) signalling link or any other suitable arrangement enables automatic operation of the Platform Screen Doors only when the train stops within ±500 mm or the defined limit, as the case may be, of it’s normal stopping position. In the event of a train stopping outside this limit, the train may be driven under Train Operator’s control in Cut out mode, if necessary, to reposition it, and allow normal operation of the Platform Screen Doors when correctly positioned in accordance with sub-rules (8), (9), (10) and (11) of rule 32.
(2) Platform Edge Door: Opening or closing of the Platform Edge Door, where provided, will be by an authorised employee, after receipt of indication of the DOORS OPEN or DOORS CLOSE command signals.
(3) Manual Secondary Door: The Manual Secondary Door may be opened from the platform side by using a special maintenance staff key.
Abnormal working and emergency usages of doors : (1) Platform Screen Door –
(i) In case any Platform Screen Door does not open automatically due to any failure, train passenger can go to the platform after opening the Platform Screen Door by using the m annual release handle located on the track side of the door.
(ii) if the Platform Screen Door does not open or close automatically after Train doors opening or closing, then, the Train Operator or maintenance staff may open or close all Platform Screen Doors using a local control panel located at the platform with the help of staff special key.
(iii) maintenance staff can open or close each individual Platform Screen Door from platform side using staff special key, if needed.
(iv) any defective Platform Screen Door may be isolated by using staff special key, if needed.
(v) if it is not possible to close any platform screen door, the speed of all trains entering the station, leaving the station or passing through the station shall be restricted to a maximum speed of twenty kilometers per hour and in addition, an audible warning shall be sounded by all trains while entering the station Further necessary precautions may be taken as per special instructions.
(2) Platform Edge Door: (i) If platform edge door local panel does not receive indication of the doors open or doors close command signals from the signalling link or from any other suitable arrangement, then the Train Operator or maintenance staff can provide this indication to local panel by using platform screen door local panel with the help of staff special key and after receiving open or close indication, the authorized employee can open or close t h e Platform Edge Doors.
(ii) An authorized employee can open or close each individual Platform Edge Door using special staff key, if needed;
(iii) any defective Platform Edge Door may be isolated by using staff special key, if needed.
(iv) if it is not possible to close any platform edge door, the speed of all trains entering the station, leaving the station or passing through the station shall be restricted to a maximum speed of twenty kilometer per hour and in addition, an audible warning shall be sounded by all trains while entering the station.
(3) Manual Secondary Door : (i) In case of emergency evacuation from track side the Manual Secondary door may be opened from the track side by using a push bar.
(ii) The door will be designed to swing open and be held at an open position of 90o and the door shall automatically revert to closed and locked position safely if it is left open at less than 90o without need for staff intervention.
(4) Emergency Escape Door : (i) If train does not stop at the correct position and opened train doors are not in front of Platform Screen doors or under other specified conditions provided in special instructions, the passengers from the train can detrain to the platform after opening the emergency escape door by pressing the emergency push bar located on the track side of the emergency escape door;.
(ii) the door will be designed to swing open and be held at an open position of 900 and the door shall automatically revert to closed and locked position safely if it is left open at less than 900 without need for staff intervention.
(5) Any door which has been manually released from track or platform side shall then be subjected to a gentle reclosing force, against which it can be pushed or held open, which shall ensure that the door returns safely to the closed and locked position afterwards, without need for staff intervention.
Indications :(1) Door open indicator:
(a) when platform screen door or platform edge door is under opening and closing process, the door opening indicator flashes and chime is activated.
(b) when platform screen door or platform edge door is under fully opened position, the door opening indicator is illuminated and chime is deactivated.
(c) when platform screen door or platform edge door is under closed and locked position, the door opening indicator is extinguished and chime is deactivated.
(2) Indicators near the manual secondary door or emergency escape door–– One each light emitting diode or other suit able indicator is provided near each manual
secondary door or emergency escape door leaf to give closed and locked indications respectively.
(3) Obstruction detection: (a) Sensors are provided to detect any person trapped between train door and Platform Screen door at station with curved platform. When all platform screen doors and platform edge doors are closed by the Train Operator, the sensors shall check and give following indications on Platform Screen door local panel at both head wall and tail wall:
(i) nobody trapped – Green; and
(ii) somebody trapped – Red flashing, unless sensors detect all doors clear, Platform Screen door system will not give clearance for train departure.
(b) in case of detection of an obstruction in between two leaves of a Platform Screen door resulting in non closure of such door, the door makes further attempts to close automatically, if the obstacle is removed in these attempts Platform Screen door closes again, if obstacle is still present, then the Platform Screen door stops in unlocked position and is free to be pushed back by hand and once the obstruction disappears, train driver can open and close the doors again and if the problem persists, then, station staff shall attend the affected door.