* “Connections”, when used with reference to a running line, means the arrangements used to connect such line with other lines or to cross it.
* “Continuous Automatic Train Control system” means an automatic system of controlling and monitoring train movements continuously by means of sub-systems, namely, Automatic Train Protection System, Automatic Train Operation system and Automatic Train Supervision System.
* “Crss Passage” means a physical connection between two single track tunnels, which is used for maintenance of the Metro Railway, and can also be used for evacuation of passengers and for other relief works during emergencies.
* “Cut Out Mode” means the mode of operation of trains under Continuous Automatic Train Control system when train borne Automatic Train Protection Equipment is cutout.
* “Depot Controller” means a Metro Railway employee responsible for movements of rakes within the depot area including interchange of rakes between the depot and the main line.
* “Departure Order Indication” is an indication on a display panel in the train operator’s cab conveying authority to the Train Operator to proceed or start his train.
* “Driverless Train Operation (DTO)” means a train operation where a train can start and stop itself but a train attendant may be present to operate the train doors and to manually drive the train in case of emergencies.
* “Electrical way and works” means the traction installations including overhead equipment or third rail equipment and other connected works provided on the electrified sections of the metro railway.
* “Emergency” means an occurrence where there is an imminent or a continuing risk of injury and damage or major disruption to the metro railway service.
* “Emergency Stop Plunger” means the device, the operation of which causes the trains, within the station limits, running on Automatic Train Protection, to come to a stop.
* “Engineer’s Possession” means a defined section of track under the sole control of an authorised employee for a specific length of time.
*“Engineering Train Unit” means a train which is used for the maintenance and repairs of track side fixed infrastructure.
* “Facing and Trailing Points” means points are facing or trailing in accordance with the direction a train or vehicle moves over them and the points are said to be facing points when by their operation, train approaching them can be directly diverted from the line upon which it is running.
* “Feeding Post” means a supply control post in overhead traction, where the incoming feeder lines from grid sub-station are terminated.
* “Fixed Signal” means a signal of station at a fixed location controlling the movement of trains and forming part of t he signaling system.
* “Fouling Mark” means the mark at which the infringement of fixed Standard Dimensions occurs where two lines cross or join one another.
* “Headway” means the time interval between two successive trains.
* “Incident” means any occurrence which causes or has potential to cause delay or disruption to passenger services.
* “Inspection Car” means a self propelled vehicle, which is used for the inspection, maintenance and repairs of the equipments of the metro railway.
* “Insulated Third Rail Joint” means a special joint for the purpose of sectioning the third rail being powered from different traction substations;
*“Interlocking” means an arrangement of signals, points and other appliances, operated from a panel or work-station, so interconnected by mechanical or electrical or electronic locking, or any combination thereof, that their operation must take place in proper sequence to ensure safety.
* “irrevocable Emergency Brake” means that when an emergency brake gets applied, intentionally or otherwise, the brake remains applied until the train speed comes to zero and the cause of application of the emergency brake is removed or reset.
* “Isolation” means an arrangement secured by the setting of points, or other approved means, to protect the line so isolated from obstruction due to movement on other connected line or lines.
* “Jumper Cable” means a cable provided with clips for use as atemporary electric connection to bridge a gap in a running rail, cable or pipe.