ATS is at the Heart and Brain of various Systems operational in DMRC.
* Acts as an Intelligent Interface where one can see all trains running in real time in entire network from a remote Central location.
* ATS is a Central and Key unit making the job of Operation and Maintenance easier and faster by its automatic nature.
* ATS is fully automatic and needs no manual intervention in all the Operational tasks besides ensuring safe and efficient Train Operation.
* It eases the job of Operation and Traffic Controllers to a great extent. Station Controllers are not bound to sit in front of MMI as system is regulating train movement according to scheduled Time Table from Central level (OCC). They can also look after different tasks related to passengers services which adds to the efficient utilization of our workforce.
* Even Traffic Controllers in OCC are not bound to monitor the MPD/MMI continuously. Therefore ATS reduces the workload of ATC/SC’s to a great extent.
* As a link and Source of information for Passenger Information, Radio and SCADA.
* ATS as central and the most vital body having interface with all the major units of Signalling and Telecom.
* To monitor and to control the traffic through MMI.
* To perform automatic route setting, automatic train regulation.
* To monitor & to regulate train movement continuously.
* To display information on PIDS.
* To generate schedules.
* To generate alarms & events.
Monitoring and Controlling the Traffic
PIDS/PAS information is provided by ATS System.
Every event is recorded automatically by the System and can be run on Playback as and when required.
Train Hold Management Restricted in ATO and Advisory in ATP
The following ‘train hold’ functions are available:
Global Train Hold (for a line): It is a single command issued for all platforms at a time. It will hold ALL trains at their next platform arrival.
Platform Train Hold: A command issued for a particular platform. It will hold ALL trains at that platform arrival.
Automatic Train Hold: It maintains that at one time there is only one train between two stations inside a tunnel. Useful in avoiding conflict and bunching of trains.
Skip Stop Management Restricted in ATO and Advisory in ATP
To skip a station ‘N’, the command must be sent before the train leaves the previous station.
The following Skip Stops are available to the ATS operator,
Station Skip Stop: When a station (all platforms) is closed, this stop is applied for the indicated station, Useful in Fire.
Train Skip Stop: When a train is going to depot, without taking any passenger (for a specific platform), this state is applied for the next stations following the actual train position.