Absence of cab signaling
(1) Failure of the cab signaling shall initiate an irrevocable emergency brake application.
(2) The Train Operator shall report the occurrence to the Traffic Controller and seek instructions.
(3) The Traffic Controller shall verify as far as practicable from indications on his diagram that the problem is not caused by a track side fault or another train and if no cause is apparent, he shall instruct the Train Operator to select the Restricted Manual mode or Run On Sight mode, and try to move ahead exercising utmost vigilance so that he may stop short of any obstruction.
(4) If the train still does not move, the traffic controller shall authorise the Train Operator to operate the Cut Out switch and to proceed in Cut Out mode of control to asuitable station, exercising utmost vigilance so that he may stop short of any obstruction. At the next station, passengers shall be detained and the train worked to depot or asuitable siding.
Failure of fixed Signals
(1) If a Train Operator observes that a fixed signal is not displaying any aspect, he shall stop his train and seek instructions from the traffic controller by radio.
(2) All concerned staff shall then follow the provisions of sub-rules (7) to (10) of rule 21 and Sub-rule (1) to (4) of Rule 22.
Failure of route setting
(1) If a route through an interlocked area cannot be set automatically or by manual control from the Operations Control Centre, the control of the area shall be passed to the local Station Control Room.
(2) If the route cannot be set from the Station Control Room signaling control panel or work-station, the Traffic Controller shall instruct the Train Operator to secure his train and wait for instructions.
(3) The Traffic Controller and the Station Controller shall examine the indications for the points and if indications at the station and at Operations Control Center agree that all points are set correctly and locked, the traffic controller may instruct the Train Operator to select Run On Sight mode or Restricted Manual mode, as the case may be, and proceed at reduced speed such that he can stop short of any obstruction. Once cab signals show a proceed indication, Coded Manual mode shall be resumed; and if the train is equipped with Automatic Train Operation, then Automatic Mode may be resumed.
(4) If any point indication is missing or shows the points set for the wrong direction, or there is a discrepancy between the indications at the station and in Operations Control Center, the station controller shall examine the position of the points himself. If they are lying in the wrong direction, he shall manually set the points with the crank handle from the station control room and the points shall be secured with a clamp and padlock and the train instructed by hand signal to proceed, and if after travelling some distance, a proceed indication is received by the train running on Restricted Manual mode, the train shall automatically upgrade to the Coded manual mode of control and the Train Operator shall inform the Traffic Controller. If the train is fitted with Automatic Train Operation, Automatic Mode of the control may be resumed.
(5) The Station Controller, after examining the position of the points under sub-rule (4), shall then return to the station and report to the Traffic Controller that the route remains secured and any subsequent train may be instructed by radio to proceed.
(6) In depot, the Depot Controller may instruct the Train Operator by radio to proceed if–
(a) point indications for all facing points in the route show the points as set and locked in the correct position;
(b) any points not showing an indication shall be traversed in the trailing direction only if the points are trailable.
(c) If points for which indications are not available, have to be traversed in the facing direction, the Depot Controller shall ensure that the points are set manually and secured in correct position with the clamp and padlock before authorising the train to proceed .
Metro Rail Absence of cab signaling, Failure of fixed Signals, Failure of route setting