Metro Rail Continuous Automatic Train Control, Automatic Train Protection (ATP, Automatic Train Operation (ATO), Automatic Train Supervision (ATS)
Automatic Train Control | Automatic Train Protection(ATP | Automatic Train Operation (ATO) | Automatic Train Supervision (ATS)
Continuous Automatic Train Control :- Continuous Automatic Train Control based on CBTC will consist of – ATP (Automatic Train Protection), ATO (Automatic Train Operation) and ATS (Automatic Train Supervision) sub-systems:
Automatic Train Protection (ATP) :- Automatic Train Protection is the primary function of the train control systems. This sub- system will be inherently capable of achieving the following objectives in a fail-safe manner. Line side signals will be provided at diverging routes (i.e. at points & crossings) as well as other required locations, which shall serve as backup signalling in case of failure of ATP system.
* Cab Signalling
* Track Related Speed Profile generation based on line data and train data continuously along the track
* Continuous monitoring of braking curve with respect to a defined target point
* Monitoring of maximum permitted speed on the line and speed restrictions in force
* Detection of over-speed with audio-visual warning and application of brakes, if necessary
* Maintaining safety distance between trains
* Monitoring of stopping point
* Monitoring of Direction of Travel and Rollback
The cab borne equipment will be of modular sub-assemblies for each function for easy maintenance and replacement. The ATP assemblies will be fitted in the vehicle integrated with other equipment of the rolling stock.
Automatic Train Operation (ATO) :- This system will operate the trains automatically from station to station while remaining within the safety envelope of ATP & open the train doors. Driver will close the train doors and press a button when ready to depart. In conjunction with ATP/ ATS, ATO can control dwell time at stations and train running in accordance with headway/ timetable.
Automatic Train Supervision (ATS) :- A train supervision system will be installed to facilitate the monitoring of train operation and also remote control of the station. The train supervision will log each train movement and display it on the workstations with each Traffic Controller at the OCC and on one workstation placed in the Station Control room (SCR) with each Station Controller.
The centralized system will be installed in the Operation Control Center. The OCC will have a projection display panel showing a panoramic view showing the status of tracks, points, signals and the vehicles operating in the relevant section/ whole system. ATS will provide following main functionalities:
* Automatic Route setting
* Automatic Train Regulation
* Continuous Tracking of train position
* Display Panel & Workstation interface
* Link to Passenger Information Display System for online information
* Computation of train schedules & Timetable